CNN Hires Right-Wing Extremist to Spin the News – As if there isn’t enough insanity on the airwaves, CNN is rolling out a new 7PM ET show including Red State’s (the web site) Erick Erickson. Let’s have a look at some of his opinions and agendas he’s leading:
· About Ted Kennedy: “Today Ted Kennedy plots our deaths…” (h/t The Political Carnival)
· About Judge Souter: “[he] is a “goat f*&king child molester”
· He thinks Rush Limbaugh is Jesus.
· He openly called for armed revolt and beating politicians to a bloody pulp.
· He said the media “gang-raped” conservative politicians.
· Suggested that the Nobel Committee had an affirmative action quota
· Said that “leftists are Nazis” and the Nazis were liberal socialists.
· Said that the Alaska Democrats gave out Sarah Palin’s SS# (a fact he pulled wholly from his posterior)
· Told his readers to send Olympia Snowe rock salt for her work on HCR. (Rock salt melts snow–get it?)
· Suggested that Obama was friends with a child molester
· Claimed the left has more dominance in the blogosphere because the right are too busy raising the children they didn’t abort.
C’mon, CNN. Red State is the heavily-funded, longstanding arm of the Republican wingnut online noise machine. Erickson is a propaganda-spinner. How about someone who can do in-depth factual reporting?
Tea Partiers Mock And Scorn Apparent Parkinson’s Victim – Video shot by the Columbus Dispatch from today’s Honk and Wave in Support of Health Care at Congresswoman Mary Jo Kilroy’s district office contains a segment wherein the teabaggers mock and scorn an apparent Parkinsen’s victim telling him “he’s in the wrong end of town to ask for handouts”, calling him a communist and throwing money at him to “pay for his health care”.
When Teabaggers Get in Office – Virginia AG Ken Cuccinelli has been in the news a lot lately. You may have heard about the letter he wrote earlier this month to all of Virginia’s public colleges – UVA, VA Tech, William and Mary, etc. calling on them to drop policies banning discrimination against gays and lesbians. He claims they have no legal authority to adopt such policies.
Or maybe you heard Cuccinelli speculate about whether President Obama was born in the United States. In this recently unearthed recording from the campaign trail, Cuccinelli can be heard telling a birther that he might be able to challenge federal laws on the basis of Obama’s birth place. Cuccinelli has since dashed off a denial, but the fun doesn’t stop there.
In another recently unearthed recording, Cuccinelli told a crowd that he’s worried about the government tracking his family. He said he might not register his newborn son for a Social Security number because “it is being used to track you.” He also claimed that many other Americans aren’t registering for Social Security numbers for the same reason.
Cuccinelli’s hard line against gays, paranoia about the Social Security Administration, and openness to birther conspiracies prove that he is the real deal – a bona fide Teabagger of the highest order. And now he’s the chief legal officer of an entire state.
For anyone wondering what a Tea Party-controlled GOP might look like, keep your eyes on Virginia.
Stephen Colbert’s I’s on Edjukashun – the Texas School Board – Video at the link.